We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We have undertaken commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized Internet access to visitor data retained in our servers, however, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, ApiManager cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or any information provided online, and you do so at your own risk. Users must accept all risks associated with any data transmission, including the risk that their Personal Information may be intercepted in transit. The Site and application encrypts your Personal Information using secure socket layer (SSL) technology to provide for the secure transmission of the information from your PC and Mobile application to our servers.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information including email address
• Details of hives, apiaries, inspections and any other records added by you.
• Any information provided by you including but not limited to details entered on your user profile.
• Information related to your use of the site automatically gathered by our servers, including IP addresses and cookies.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Identification and authentication.
• Customisation of ApiManager.
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may very occasionally use your email address to send you important information about your account.
• According to your email preferences, we may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will only do this if you have granted permission.
• We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• You may alter or delete the details recorded on your profile. This will remove any outdated information from our system.
• Your account information is password-protected. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of this password. We do not store your password on our system, except in a hashed form.
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We will not sell or lease your personal information for any marketing purposes.
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please edit it on your profile, or contact us via the web form as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you are a registered user of our services, you may correct, amend or delete your personally identifying information that ApiManager stores, except where the burden or expense to ApiManager of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy or where the legitimate rights of persons other than you would be violated. Please access your service account to correct, amend or delete your personally identifying information. Additionally, if you wish for all of your personal information to be removed from ApiManager’s systems, you may submit a request for your account to be deleted. Upon deletion, all of your personal information will be permanently removed from our primary production servers and further access to your account will not be possible. However, portions of your information, consisting of aggregate data derived from your personal information, may remain on our servers indefinitely.
Cookies and IP addresses
Third Party Cookies
Site, App, and Store Terms and Conditions
Use of this Site, App, and Services is governed by, and subject to, the legal notices contained in our Terms and Conditions. Your use, or access, of the Site, App, or Services constitutes your agreement to be bound by these provisions. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THE SITE, THE APP, OR THE SERVICES.
The Site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the collection or use of your Personal or Anonymous Information at any third party sites. Therefore, the Company disclaims any liability for any third party’s use of your Personal or Anonymous Information obtained through using a third party web site.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.